Our Playing Cards and Game Card Types & Specifications
We have what you need and more...
This page is designed to help you navigate across our custom card ranges and our online card builder options more quickly. Overall we have 10 card ranges:
- Custom back: customize the back of playing cards only start now »
- Custom face and back: customize both the front and back of playing cards start now »
- Custom cards: blank cards (up to 162 cards a deck) with no playing card index (ace to king), allows flexibility on design start now »
- Wedding: wedding, anniversary and party focused design frames start now »
- Large cards: for those who prefer to supersize their images / artwork and messages start now »
- Tarot cards: perfect for personalized tarot card readings start now »
- Pinochle cards: popular 48 card game start now »
- Mini cards: customize small card decks start now »
- Bridge size cards: standard bridge size cards start now »
- Poker size cards: our most popular choice start now »
Image and Text vs Backgound Colour and Text
Image and text templates allow image (photo) / artwork upload with option to enter text. Background colour and text templates offer 35 color options as an alternative to image / artwork - perfect for those who prefer color and text only.
Upload image/add text
Choose card color/add text
Standard Index vs Jumbo Index
Index are located on the top right and bottom left of each playing card and are numbered from ace to king. Standard index are smaller in size than jumbo index. Casinos prefer jumbo index as it better supports viewing from a distance.
Portrait vs Landscape
You can opt to upload your image / artwork and add messages using our text editor in portrait view or landscape view on card backs or card faces.
Maximum Customizable Cards
For custom back range, you can customize up to 54 cards (includes 2 jokers) for your designs. For custom face and back range, you can customize up to 108 sides (54 backs and 54 fronts). For custom card range (blank cards), you can choose up to 234 cards per deck.
Image / Artwork and Message Grouping for Playing Cards
Our flexible online cards maker allows you to choose from the following combinations for the backs of playing cards as well as for the face of playing cards:
- Same for all cards - 1 image / artwork and message
- Same for each suit - 4 different images / artwork and messages
- Same for each number - 13 different images / artwork and messages
- Different for each card - 54 different images / artwork and messages
Custom Blank Cards
Our custom blank cards are perfect for those who need complete control over how their deck of cards will look where you can upload any design to the cards face and back. Choose to customize up to 162 cards in a deck. Perfect for those looking to create custom trading cards, game cards or any other custom card decks for any other puposes.
Our cards come in 5 industry standard sizes:
- Poker size (63mm x 88mm, 2.5" x 3.5") start now »
- Bridge size (56mm x 88mm, 2.25" x 3.5") start now »
- Large size cards (89mm x 146mm, 3.5" x 5.75") start now »
- Tarot size cards (70mm x 121mm, 2.75" x 4.75") start now »
- Mini size cards (44.45mm x 63.5mm, 1.75" x 2.5") start now »
Poker size cards are more commonly used in industries such as education, retail, businesses while bridge sized cards are often used for gaming industries such as casinos. Large sized cards are mainly used by marketing companies looking for a unique way to display their portfolio or retailers and the eductional sector looking for more space to print pictures and photos.
Smooth Finish vs Linen Finish
All our cards (except large cards) have the option of a smooth finish or linen finish. Smooth finish uses a 300 gsm card stock with black core and is popular for promotional use. Linen finish uses a 310 gsm French card stock with black core and is preferred by casinos around the world as it offers a more superior durability and is more mark resistant without forgetting the importance of the shuffle and deal with ease requirements. The smooth card stock is slightly cheaper than the linen card stock.
We have recently introduced a new promotional finish (270gsm). Slightly thinner cards but same high quality for those who would like personalized card decks for promotional purposes.
Black Core or Blue Core
Quality playing cards have a black or blue core layer between the card front and card back. Cards without a core layer are transparent when held up against light. For opaque cards, the black core is essential and adds quality to the cards. Our casino card quality option uses French black core cards. Blue core playing cards are the next best thing to black core and can only be seen as transparent when high intensity light is shone through them. Our premium cards option uses the blue core.
Plastic Playing Cards
We also stock 100% plastic playing cards (29pt 100% white plastic (0.325mm)) which has become a popular choice in the games industry. We use some of the best plastic playing cards materials available in the gaming industry printed in high gloss providing rich photographic finish on each individual card, putting us second to none in this market. Plastic playing cards are longer lasting than ordinary paper playing cards and are waterproof. All our bridge and poker size cards are available in plastic.
Packaging / Boxes
Each deck of cards is shrink-wrapped with optional packaging / box for each deck:
- White tuck box: available for all card ranges
- White window tuck box: available for all card ranges
- Plastic box: only available for poker size and bridge size playing cards
- Custom printed tuck box: available for bridge, poker and tarot sizes with a minimum order of 100
Plain tuck box
Plastic case with lid
Custom tuck box (poker size)
Custom tuckbox (bridge size)
Custom tuckbox (large size)
Each box is also individually shrink-wrapped prior to being securely packed for delivery.
See video of a sample deck of cards
All our cards are printed on high quality material with an inner black core layer rendering them non-see-through. Our playing cards are also fully bendable from end to end without creasing or going out of shape which you can see from the video demonstation below. Whether you choose smooth or linen finish, the flexiblity of the cards are the same so you can be rest assured your cards will last the test of time and robust enough for any use.